GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY - CI-POL-001 (APPROVED 17 JUNE 2017) (2019-2020)
This policy is the General Code of Conduct for all Club Directors, all coaches, all team managers, all volunteers, all contractors, and all vendors acting as a representative of or on behalf of the Club in the course of doing business with the Club, or attending a Club event. All Club participants listed above are required to complete this policy form and have it on file with the Club by 15 July 2019 for the 2019-2020 season, or as contractors and vendors are secured for activities.
Poor sporting behavior will not be tolerated at any Club Independent (CI), referred to in this document as the Club, event either on or off the field. The Club will diligently enforce the Code.
All directors, coaches, team managers, volunteers, contractors, and vendors shall sign and agree to this policy before being allowed to represent and perform duties for Club Independent (CI) for the 2019-2020 season.
GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT STATEMENT
Whereas: The safety, welfare and well-being of our youth players are the primary concern and responsibility of Club.
All Directors, coaches, team managers, volunteers, and contractors acting as a representative of or on behalf of the Club in the course of doing business with the Club, or attending a Club event will adhere to the following:
• Shall not share, send, or disseminate in any manner any player(s)/parent(s) Personal Identifiable Information (PII) including contact information to any other person or organization without the expressed consent of that player’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) with the exception of CI Board Members that handle and disseminate registration and player interest data to the teams.
• Shall not conduct business in the name of CI and/or secure non-sponsored vendors without the expressed written consent and approval from the CI board.
• All children will be equally treated with respect regardless of sex, race, religion, and culture.
• Children will not be touched in ways that make them feel uncomfortable, and their right to say no will be respected.
• Any non-consensual physical contact, obscene or profane language or gesture, or other threatening language or conduct directed towards any player, official, parent, or Club personnel having any connection to the Club is strictly prohibited.
• At no time during a Club game, practice or other Club event will any Director, coach, team manager, volunteer, or contractor shall be alone with a single child where they cannot be observed by others.
• Children will not be left unsupervised.
• Children will not be dropped off and left at any field before that child is under adult supervision.
• Coaches and staff will not leave any child unsupervised until the child is picked up. Accordingly, parents should be on time to pick-up their children and notify the child’s coach if running late.
• It is unethical and an illegal recruiting practice to promise any kind of compensation or inducement to a prospective player. Such practices will not be tolerated.
• Any type of abuse will not be tolerated and may be cause for immediate dismissal.
• No player will ever be subjected to:
o Physical abuse – including but not limited to: striking, spanking, shaking, slapping, etc.
o Verbal abuse – including but not limited to: humiliation, degrading comments, threats.
o Sexual abuse – including but not limited to: inappropriate sexual touching or exposure or conduct which creates a sexually hostile environment.
o Mental abuse – including but not limited to: shaming, cruelty, or neglect such as withholding food, water, basic care, etc.
• Use of positive techniques of guidance is encouraged, including redirection, positive reinforcement and encouragement rather than comparison and criticism. Coaches and team managers will have age appropriate expectations and set up guidelines and environments that minimize the need for discipline.
• Physical restraint will be used only when necessary to protect the child or other children from harm. When physical restraint is administered, the situation must be immediately documented in writing via letter and/or email to the Director of Coaching (DOC) and the Risk Management Coordinator.
• Use, possession, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs immediately before and during Club events involving Club players is prohibited. Directors, coaches, team managers, volunteers, and contractors may be subject to drug screening and/or possible dismissal from the Club or dismissal from any/all Club event(s) for any violation(s).
• Smoking or the use of tobacco is prohibited.
• Possession of firearms or potentially dangerous weapons or explosives is prohibited at Club event(s) (Dangerous weapon(s) including, but not limited to, rifle(s), pistol(s), hunting knife/knives, martial arts weapon(s), crossbow(s), live ammunition, and fireworks).
• The use of profanity in the presence of Club players is prohibited.
• Officials and players will be treated with respect during all Club events. While coaches are permitted to question an official regarding a call, coaches, parents, players, and spectators are not permitted to disparage, ridicule, or otherwise engage in threatening or harassing conduct toward an official or player. Only coaches or their designees are permitted to give direction to players during games and/or practices.
• Inappropriate jokes and sharing intimate details of one’s personal life are prohibited.
• Social Networking between adults and individual Club players is discouraged. Electronic and phone communications with Club players should be limited to soccer specific topic.
Anyone witnessing a violation of this General Code of Conduct may report such violation(s) to the Club Director of Coaching (DOC) and/or to the Club Risk Management Coordinator. The DOC shall refer any violation(s) to the Club Risk Management Coordinator.
I, the undersigned, understand that any violation of this General Code of Conduct Policy may result in disciplinary actions from the Club Board of Directors, from a reprimand up to and including release/removal from the Club, depending on the severity of the violation(s).
I have read and agree to uphold the Club Independent (CI) General Code of Conduct Policy – CI-POL-001:
Release of Liability:
I, the participant, agree that I will abide by the rules of Club Independent (CI), its affiliated organizations and sponsors, and that participation is voluntary and that I may be removed from Club Independent (CI) at any time if I violate any of the rules of Club Independent (CI), its affiliated organizations and sponsors. I hereby release, discharge, will not sue, and/or otherwise indemnify Club Independent (CI), Club Independent (CI) Board of Directors, coaches, team managers, employees, volunteers, and associated personnel, and its affiliated organizations, sponsors, and vendors, including the owners of fields and facilities utilized for the Programs, against any claim by myself as a result of my participation in the Programs and/or being transported to or from the same, which transportation I hereby authorize. This Release of Liability shall be binding on me, my family, heirs, next of kin, legal representatives, beneficiaries, and successors. I further authorize my photograph, picture or likeness, and voice to appear in any documentary, promotion (including advertising), television, video, websites, social media, and radio coverage of Club Independent (CI), without compensation.